Nature in action: Arizona Hummingbird

Nature in action: Arizona Hummingbird

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A mid-week get-away!

Paul and I had a day off from work a couple of Wednesdays ago and spent the day visiting our friends from Indiana who were vacationing in Rockport, MA. It was a gorgeous, yet hot, summery day. We started our day off in Rockport where we enjoyed walking the quaint streets like with great shops and galleries.
This fishing shack on Bearskin Neck is one of the most famous buildings in the world.

I love the colorful alignment of all the lobster buoys!

After walking around the downtown area of Rockport, we headed up the coast a bit and got some lunch at the Lobster Pool, where we enjoyed seafood right along the cove with outdoor seating on big red picnic tables. We then headed to Halibut State Park where we headed to the tide pools where the kids explored barnacles and crabs!

It was worth the trek over all the rocks to get my feet in the refreshing ocean water!


4 comments:

  1. Melissa, You are just the cutest! I hope you are enjoying your vacation
    see you soon,
    ~Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa
    Thanks for sharing the pictures. It brings back lots of nice memories. I agree you are the cutest!

    Love You
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rockport is a great little place!
    And you're looking great, Meliss!! You're such a cute prego-lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Rockport! Hope the rest of your vacation was just as wonderful!

    ReplyDelete