Nature in action: Arizona Hummingbird

Nature in action: Arizona Hummingbird

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Waltham Water Weekend

On Friday afternoon, Paul and I walked to the Charles River where we enjoy sitting on a bench along this waterfall. This afternoon, a beautiful blue heron stood tall on this log waiting patiently for his dinner.
On Sunday afternoon, we had a quick, strong storm that literally blew in several inches of rain in a matter of minutes. This is a view from our front door. As you can see, the water reached our front steps. A couple of neighbors waded in the water up to their knees to help push some cars out of the water that ended up stalled as they attempted to pass.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!!!!!! That is crazy rain! I hope your basement stays dry.
    I love that a blue heron walked over the waterfall while you were watching - very cool!

    ReplyDelete