Nature in action: Arizona Hummingbird

Nature in action: Arizona Hummingbird

Saturday, October 15, 2011

October

I LOVE the month of October here in New England.  The weather starts to turn a bit cooler, the leaves turn to beautiful shades of color, the air is crisper, and it's all just plain refreshing!!  I cannot believe it's half over already, but we are enjoying it while it's here.

Sports

College football season means cheering for the Michigan State Spartans.  Go Green!

Since the Red Sox are not in the post-season, we are routing for the Tigers! 
 A visit to Pennsylvania
We had a great time visiting our friends.  Raina LOVED playing with their dog, Otto.
Raina running with excitement as Otto brings the ball back

A tour of Lancaster County's covered bridges
A visit from grandpa and grandma

A walk along the Charles River with g-mom and g-pop
A day in Rockport
 
Salt Water Taffy
 

I just love it here!!

The ocean was a deep blue color; which looked amazing as a backdrop to "Big Red"
 Other October activities
 
A trip to our local farmer's market!  THIS is why we have the double stroller!!

Digging in the sandbox

Apple picking at Honey Pot.....YUM!!

3 comments:

  1. Lots of new pictures - I love it! I can't wait to come back to visit again. G-ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures, too!! Autumn in Boston is not something to be missed (although I do get a bit sad when the hot days of summer are gone... since you do get hot days in Boston...)
    But I LOVE seeing photos of you and family - makes me miss you all the more! Love ya, friend!

    ReplyDelete