Nature in action: Arizona Hummingbird

Nature in action: Arizona Hummingbird

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A matter of focus

After a few mishaps and disappointments, it would have been easy for me to focus on the negative today. I'm thankful for the shift in attention to the positive and what is really important.
  • A hubby that came to my rescue more than once today!
  • The bright sunny day, with a refreshing crispness in the air, that is perfect for this time of year.
  • Getting out of work early; giving me an extra few hours to spend with my family.
  • Visiting a friend at her beautiful new home.
  • A nice chat with a sweet couple, seating at a nearby table, while we ate lunch at Panera Bread.
  • Visiting with other parents at Raina's day care over pie that the kids made for Thanksgiving.
  • While driving home and admiring a giant American flag blowing in the wind, I was reminded how thankful I am to live in the U.S.A, where we have so many freedoms.
  • Traffic was unbelievably light on my drive home (esp. for the busiest traveling day of the year!). What a relief.....as Raina cried all the way home.
  • A surprise gift for Raina, from our friends in Providence, came in the mail today. What fun to have tummy time on a soft, fluffy teddy bear!
  • HOME-SWEET-HOME!!!

3 comments:

  1. Melissa I am thankful for our friendship - Happy Thanksgiving - I love the new Raina picture she is absolutely beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving - Love you all and love the new picture of Raina. - G-Ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing these thankful thoughts, Melissa. It is good to be reminded to refocus on all the little things we have to be thankful for -- especially on those days with tons of disappointments. Thanks, friend!

    ReplyDelete