Nature in action: Arizona Hummingbird

Nature in action: Arizona Hummingbird

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Patriot's Day!

Monday, April 19th was Patriot's Day here in Massachusetts. Paul and I got up early and drove to Concord, MA for their annual commemorative ceremony honoring the men who fought the British at the start of the revolutionary war. It was a chilly morning, but the sun rise was beautiful as it calmly reflected the morning dew on the grass.

In the open field, just beyond the old North Bridge, cannons were shot during a 21-gun salute.
Along with remembering the history of Patriot's Day, Paul and I also joined the great tradition of an early start Red Sox game!
Unfortunately, the Red Sox lost to the Tampa Bay Rays 8-2. It's been a rough start to this year's baseball season for our beloved Red Sox, but that won't stop us from cheering them on! Go Sox!! At the end of the game, Paul and I headed over to Kenmore Square to support some of the runners participating in the 114th annual Boston Marathon!!
This is our view at mile 25! These runners are just about there! It is amazing how good many of them looked. A great day weather-wise for these runners with overcast skies and temps in the mid-50's.

To end our Patriot's Day, we watched the Boston Bruins playoff game against the Buffalo Sabres (round 1, game 3). Our Bruins pulled off the win with a well played game as they take the lead in the series, 2 games to 1. It was great to hear "Dirty Water" playing at the Garden as we concluded our Patriot Day celebrations!

1 comment:

  1. What an AWESOME Patriot's Day!!!!!! Go Sox! Go Bruins! Go marathon runners!
    I missed hanging out with you two today and cheering on the runners and Sox together!
    I miss you lots! Love ya, my friend!

    ReplyDelete